- A natural bristle brush with a long handle so that you can reach your back.
This treatment should be done on dry skin, before bathing. It can be practiced once or perferably twice a day. Practicing dry brushing in the morning will energize the individual and help boost their metabolism for the day. Ending the day with this technique will help one eliminate stress, balance their energy centers (Charkras) and soothe their nervous system.
This treatment should be done on dry skin, before bathing. It can be practiced once or perferably twice
a day. Practicing dry brushing in the morning will energize the individual and help boost their metabolism for the day. Ending the day with this technique will help one eliminate stress, balance their energy centers (Charkras) and soothe their nervous system.
Use long and gentle strokes, always brushing towards the heart. Repeat each stroke seven times using gentle pressure. Avoid any areas on your skin that may have open wounds, a rash or any other type of irritation.
- Start with the sole of your right foot. Brush from your toes to heel in long gentle strokes. Next, move to the top of your foot and brush from your toes to ankle.
- Brush the front, sides, and back of your ankle.
- Move upward brushing from your calf to knee. Remember long, gentle strokes, and repeat each stroke seven times.
- Brush around your knee then move up, brushing from the knee to the thigh.
- Make sure to cover the front, sides and back of your thigh, and then finish with a sweeping motion towards your groin.
- Repeat steps 1-5 on the left foot and leg.
- Lift your right arm over your head and start at the palms, brushing from fingertips to wrist. Continue to the front of your hand, brushing from fingertips to wrist.
- Keeping your arm lifted, brush in downward strokes towards your heart and sweep off at your armpit.
- Repeat steps 7-8 on the left hand and arm.
- Begin from the back of your neck and brush towards the right collarbone. Repeat this motion from the back of your neck, brushing towards the left collarbone.
- Starting from the center of your chest, brush out towards each armpit.
- Brush around the outside of the breast from top, down to center and around the bottom, finishing off at the armpit.
- Always follow the intestinal tract when brushing your stomach area. Start from the right, brushing in a clock-wise circular motion.
- Brush the back in downward strokes, starting from the top of your shoulders. Bring the brush to the middle of the spine and brush outward on each side.
- Brush the buttocks in downward strokes toward the groin area.
Finish this treatment with a warm bath or shower followed by a glass of room temperature, lemon water. You may also add some detoxifying essential oils to your bath or massage your skin with a detoxifying oil blend.
Detoxifying Essential Oils
Fennel, grapefruit, yarrow, cypress, sweet orange, helichrysum, lemon, frankincense, juniper, lime, and mandarin.
You can add one or a blend of these essential oils to a carrier oil (try grapeseed or jojoba oil). Add approximately 80 drops of essential oil to 8 oz of carrier oil.
Joyce Sobetta a passionate gifted Healer Certified Aromatherapist • Educator •Certified Reflexologist along with other healing modalities. She has a beautiful essential oil blend for Healthy Girls breast with
a detailed lymphatic breast massage technique.There is a very informative link on Thermography Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging a painless, no radiation testing non invasive testing for early detection for breast disease. A topic I will be writing more about.Please check out her website you will be happy you did!